Thursday 21 July 2016

In Three Words: My Favourite Books of 2016 So Far

I can’t quite believe that it’s already nearly the end of July… But it is, so I figured it was about time I told you about some of the best books I've read so far in 2016. I've been rather picky about handing out five star reviews this year and that’s definitely reflected in this list!

As ever, I've been keeping a running list of the books that have blown me away, adding them and taking them away as my feelings changed, but I think I've got a pretty firm decision. And here they are in three words:


A Court of Mist and Fury, Sarah J Maas
Sexy, addictive, unrelenting.

Under Rose Tainted Skies, Louise Gornall
Honest, moving, fresh.


The Madwoman Upstairs, Catherine Lowell
Literary, fascinating, pacy.

Eligible, Curtis Sittenfeld
Funny, romantic, absorbing.


Mistborn: Hero of Ages, Brandon Sanderson (Read by Michael Cramer)
Relentless, emotional, intense.

Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen (Read by Rosumund Pike)
Pitch-perfect, funny, nostalgic.


The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, Anne Bronte
Feminist, powerful, unusual.

Treats, Lara Williams
Relatable, strong, identifying.

Milk and Honey, Rupi Kaur
Powerful, moving, feminist.

What are your favourite books of the year so far?

Sophie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!