Tuesday 6 January 2015

Favourites: December 2014


Mockingjay: Part 1
There are so few adaptations that get it so right, but the atmosphere, the characterisation, the development, the look of the film were all spell-binding. I can’t wait for Part 2, but I’m also dreading Katniss’ story ending. Again.

The Walking Dead
Oh, man, I’m addicted. Me and my sister started watching this at the beginning of the month and we’re now nearly finished with season four. I wasn’t sure if it could be continuously good, but it really does stay fantastic. I now have the repeats of season five recording on the Virgin box ready to be binged once they’re all stacked up.


Lebkuchen
German spiced cakey biscuits, usually with a layer of icing = perfection. I’ve eaten far more of them this December (and maybe in November, too...) than I care to admit.

A week off work
Sweet, sweet relief. I haven’t had any time off since I went to Greece in August and haven’t had a week off to chill at home since JUNE. I was getting to the point where I really, badly needed to be away from that place and it was blissful. If only weeks at work went that quickly though....

A new crush
It’s been a while since I was really able to even think about guys because of all the brain fuzz, but them BAM, pretty boy. I’d forgotten how awkward, embarrassing and incredibly frustrating it is to have a crush, and how all of those things is actually kinda nice... And seriously, so pretty and has the same taste in music as me – if only he wasn’t WAY out of my league.


Panto
Every year since I was a little girl Mum always took me and my sister to the panto on Christmas Eve. For obvious reasons it didn’t happen last year but I was eager to restart the tradition again. We saw Sleeping Beauty at The Hawth in Crawley and it was fantastic. Easily one of the best I’ve ever seen: funny, clever, wonderfully hammy acting and I love it when the actors properly go off script and break the fourth wall! It won’t be long until I book for Christmas 2015!

What tickled your fancy in December?

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!