I moved from my childhood home into a flat with my little sister.
I did a week’s work experience on the features desk of The Times newspaper.
I went to lots of gigs:
- Fall Out Boy (support: New Politics, The Pretty Reckless)
- You Me At Six (support: Young Kato, Don Broco)
- Deaf Havana (support: The People the Poet, The Maine)
- The Summer Set (support: Paradise Fears, William Beckett)
- Blink 182 (support: Neck Deep)
- Black Veil Brides (support: Drama Club, Fearless Vampire Killers, Attila)
- The Maine (support: Lydia, Nick Santino)
- We Are the Ocean (support: Boy Jumps Ship, Decade)
- Kids in Glass Houses (support: Save Your Breath)
- Framing Hanley (support: Reaper in Sicily, Hours)
- Bring Me the Horizon (support: Issues, Sleepwave, Young Guns)
I got my first tattoo at Broad Street Studios in Bath (highly recommended).
I saw some musicals:
- Once: The Musical at Phoenix Theatre
- Avenue Q at The Hawth (for the third time...)
- Wicked at Apollo Theatre (for the second time...)
I saw a pantomime, Sleeping Beauty, on Christmas Eve at The Hawth in Crawley. The best I’ve ever seen!
I went to my first spoken word event, Mark Grist’s Rogue Teacher.
I spent a week on the Greek island of Thassos.
I went scuba diving. I hated it. A lot.
I celebrated my fifth blogoversary.
Meg Cabot followed me on Twitter (I had a full-blown freak out).
I was invited to an advance blogger screening of The Fault in Our Stars in Covent Garden.
I got my quote about Orange is the New Black published on an inside back cover ad in Stylist magazine and they sent me an amazing thank you goody bag.
I got to go to YALC!
I met Scott Westerfeld – a longtime favourite author.
I started 22 new series’.
I read 22 debut novels.
I read 9 dystopias, 55 contemporaries, 36 UKYA novels, 5 historical novels, 13 LGBT novels and 4 classics.
All together, I read 137 books.