Tuesday 4 November 2014

October Favourites


Soap & Glory Heel Genius
Sadly, I have to wear actual shoes and not Converse or biker boots to work so I have a pair of thin, cheap flats I wear to work and they ruin my feet on days I’m in the banking hall and this stuff works miracles. You’d think I had a pedicure every week! And it smells surprisingly good for a foot cream.

JK Rowling tweeting riddles and interacting with fans
The Queen has been talking to us. What else is there to say?


Clocks going back – an extra hour in bed!
I am a huge fan of sleep, especially when I get more than I should. It was glorious. Add into that the fact that it’s not dark when I drag myself out of bed in the mornings (for now...) and you have a winner.

My new red blanket
I got it from Next and I love it so very much. It’s knitted one side and fleece on the other. Sadly, my cat also loves it; she won’t leave it alone – sleeps on it every night, the little beast.

Gingerbread Truffles from Hotel Chocolat
Umph. An impulse buy when getting some dark chocolate covered coffee beans for my dad (woo, first Christmas present!) and well, it was an excellent decision. It’s a good job the closest Hotel Chocolat is nearly an hour away because I would spend a lot of money on these balls of deliciousness otherwise. 

Halloween
Though I spent this year watching Hocus Pocus and reading Blue Lily, Lily Blue like the rock’n’roll 22-year-old that I am, I love the atmosphere of this time of year. I love carving pumpkins, seeing people’s awesome costumes and the general festivity of the season. I’d love to experience Halloween in the States – they go all out in a way that we never really have over here. 
 
What did you fall in love with in October?

Sophie

2 comments:

  1. I love this! In October I started watching White Collar which I really like, and ofc I read Blue Lily, Lily Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clocks going back and cat-friendly warm red blankets - yay! I have one of those too and my cat never leaves my bed :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!