Thursday 3 April 2014

LGBT April



LGBT is an important genre of fiction, and especially so in YA. Finding a book with characters and a story you can relate to can be life saving for anyone, but probably more so for an LGBT person who still struggles to be open and themselves in our society.

As a blogging community and celebrators of books, we’re all banding together, spearheaded by Laura (Laura Plus Books) and Cayce (Fighting Dreamer), to promote and champion LGBT books with LGBT April.

There are no rules for the month. Do as much or as little as you like and you don’t even have to have a blog to take part. The sign-up page gives all of the details of what’s to come throughout the month and how to take part.


For my contribution to LGBT April I am pledging to read a minimum of five books:
          - The Vast Fields of Ordinary, Nick Burd
          - Pantomime, Laura Lam
          - Ask the Passengers, AS King
          - The Sky Always Hears Me, And the Hills Don’t Mind, Kristin Cronn-Mills
          - The Difference Between You and Me, Madeleine George

I’ll also be writing a few posts on LGBT books in general, including a list of my favourites.

So put up the banner and the blog button, sign up and enjoy!

Sophie

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I've just read (and loved) Pantomime! Hope you'll enjoy it! And I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm so happy that so many people are taking part in this event. I love, love, love Pantomime! And I also enjoyed The Sky Always Hears Me too though I remember it being not what I expected it to be...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!