Friday 10 May 2013

WeLoveYA: Things That Make Me Happy by Jennifer E Smith



The lovely people at Headline are all for spreading the book love. Throughout May they’re asking bloggers to send in a few lines on their favourite books which they are then posting on their Facebook and Pinterest and giving us brilliant posts from their authors to host on our blogs.

I’m thrilled to host Jennifer E Smith, the author of the fantastic TheStatistical Probability of Love at First Sight and This is What Happy Looks Like as she tells us what makes her happy.

Things That Make Me Happy by Jennifer E Smith

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling: If I ever need a pick-me-up, I just grab one of these books from my shelf, randomly open to a page, and start reading.  There are very few things that make me happier than a visit to Hogwarts.

Southern Cross by Crosby, Stills, & Nash: This song is like a timestamp. Whenever I listen to it, it brings me straight back to college, belting the words with my friends.  Just those first few chords are enough to bring a smile to my face.

Love Actually: I think it’s pretty much impossible to watch this one without a dopey grin.  It’s one of the most big-hearted and uplifting movies imaginable, and it never fails to put me in a good mood.

Hold On by Wilson Phillips: This song will always remind me of sitting in the backseat of my family’s minivan as a kid, singing along with my best friend and my little sister.  Even now, it instantly puts me in a great mood.

Anything Pixar:  I love all these movies so much that it’s difficult to choose just one.  (Okay, fine: Toy Story 3.)  (Or maybe Monsters, Inc.)  (Or, actually…Finding Nemo.)  (Never mind!  They’re all amazing, and they all make me very, very happy.)

Thanks for a great post, Jen! Pixar moves make me happy too. Well, when they’re not making me cry, that is...


Make sure you check out all of the posts from other YA bloggers and see what they picked as their favourite book!

Remember to keep the buzz up and tweet about the posts using the #WeLoveYA hashtag!

Sophie

1 comment:

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!