Wednesday 5 December 2012

2013 Genre Variety Reading Challenge




The very lovely Faye of A Daydreamer’s Thoughts is hosting her very first challenge! I think it sounds fantastic so I’m going to give it a go. Here’s what it’s all about:

“The challenge is to read books from different genres throughout the year. I have found that blogging has opened my eyes to so many genres that I would never have tried before, simply from recommendations, and the idea of the challenge is to keep that going. The challenge is to read a large variety of genres within one year.

Here’s everything you need to know about the challenge!

Other Important Info;

·  Runs from January 1st 2013 until December 31st 2013. Sign ups will be open until December 1st 2013.
·  There are five levels to challenge yourself too. You may move up a level but not go down a level. These are all outlined below. Please mention in your sign up post which level you will aim for.
·  The genres you choose to read are up to you. As long as every book is different, whichever genre you wish to read you can.
·  Every month there will be a post on this blog to link up to your update post / review(s).
·  There will be a giveaway at the end of the challenge, and maybe a few within the year but these are TBD.
·  To sign up, you will need to write a post saying which level you are challenging yourself too and then use the linky list. Non-Bloggers may post in the comments of this post.
·  Any book formats are accepted.
·  Novellas and Novels are all accepted for this challenge.
·  YA, NA and Adult books all count towards this challenge.
·  New sub-genres are accepted. (for example, paranormal-romance, or historical-romance)

Levels;

·  Careful; 6 different genres, 6 books
·  Cautious; 12 different genres, 12 books
·  Branching; 18 different genres, 18 books
·  Avid Reader; 24 different genres, 24 books
·  Champion; 30 different genres, 30 books”

I think I’m going to go for the Cautious level, which may prove a little ambitious, but we’ll see! You can sign up over at A Daydreamer’s Thoughts.

Here are the genres I plan to tackle next year:

1.    CONTEMPORARY: Undone by Cat Clarke
3.    PARANORMAL ROMANCE: The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
4.    FANTASY: 
5.    CHICK-LIT: 
6.    DYSTOPIAN: The Disappeared by CJ Harper
7.  URBAN FANTASY: Devil's Due by Rachel Caine
8.    WOMEN’S FICTION: 
9.    CLASSIC: A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf (no review)
10. NON-FICTION
11. MODERN CLASSICS
12. NEW ADULT: The Vincent Brothers by Abbi Glines 

Any extras/others I read:


13. MURDER MYSTERY: Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff

14. ZOMBIES: Zom-B Underground by Darren Shan
15. MIDDLE GRADE: Darcy Burdock by Laura Dockrill

I’ll add the books to this post as I read them.

Wish me luck!

Sophie

4 comments:

  1. Sneaking in 'Women's Fiction', I know why that's there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally caught me... It's surprisingly difficult to come up with 12 genres.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this, I am definitively going to take part! Although I don't know how people are going to come up with 30 different genres!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a fun challenge but I don't think I could think of 30 different genres even if I wanted to LOL. I'm tempted to sign up for this but I'm supposed to be signing up for less challenges next year!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!