Monday 26 November 2012

2013 Debut Author Reading Challenge



Next year, Tara at Hobbitsies will be hosting this challenge that has been hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren in the last few years. It’s a fantastic challenge and one that I always manage to complete so I’m definitely taking part next year! Here are this year’s rules:

“Just a few simple rules/guidelines to help things run smoothly!

1) You must have a blog, a Goodreads account, a YouTube account, an Amazon account – any where you can post your reviews and share them with others.

2) There is no deadline to join the 2013 Debut Author Challenge, but make sure you give yourself enough time to achieve the goal!

3) ARCs of 2013 debuts read before January 01, 2013 do not count towards your challenge goal.

4) The 2013 debuts must be read between January 01, 2013 – January 31, 2014 to count for the 2013 Debut Author Challenge. The extra month is to allow participants more time to read the December releases.

4) 2013 debuts must be young adult or middle grade in order to count towards the challenge.

5) The title must be the author’s young adult or middle grade debut. If they have previously published an adult title, and this is their first young adult/middle grade title, that counts towards the challenge. If this is their second young adult/middle grade title, it does not count towards the challenge.

6) If you’re a blogger in the US, all debuts must be US debuts to count towards your challenge goal. Likewise, if you’re a UK blogger, all debuts must be UK debuts to count towards to your challenge goal, and same goes for other countries.

Note: I’m removing this rule. I was under the impression that it was easier to buy debuts in your own country, but based on feedback I’ve received in comments and e-mails, it sounds like it’s not! So if you live in Australia or India or wherever, and it’s easier for you to buy a US/UK debut on your kindle or purchase a book through the Book Depository or whatever, go for it – that will count.

7) Each review equals one entry in the monthly prize pack. If you post six review of debut titles in January, you have six entries to win the January prize pack.”

Sign up and link your goal post to become a part of the challenge.

As usual, I’m not going to make a list of titles I intend to read, but add them to the post as the year goes on.

1. The Disappeared by CJ Harper
2. Me, Suzy P. by Karen Saunders
3. Anthem for Jackson Dawes by Celia Bryce
4. Darcy Burdock by Laura Dockrill
5. Geek Girl by Holly Smale
6. Infinite Sky by CJ Flood
7. 

Sophie  

5 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed this challenge in the past and may have to go for it in 2013. I can't believe that it is already time to start thinking about challenges. Best of luck meeting your goals.
    - The Reading-ista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for highlighting this, Sophie. I've signed up for it too. I think it'll be a real challenge but quite a few of my favourite teen and middle grade books this year were debuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall definitely be joining this one too. Thanks for sharing honey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am bummed out this is ONLY for YA or Middle Grade. Last year it was for Adult. I sent you an email asking if you know of ANY Adult Debut Author Challenges - ANYONE KNOW of any??
    Thanks!
    Laurie Carlson
    laurieisreading at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie. I haven't had an email from you, but I don't know of any adult challenges. Sorry! I hope you find one!

      Delete

Leave a message, I'd love to hear from you!